Temagami Trip

danbouck

So i've got 1 1/2 weeks until I am in Temagami for 12 days. I am staying at Finlayson Point Park on the east arm of the lake. Wondering if it is decent fishing in that section or do I have to get out into the main section of the lake? I prefer to stay in that general area if possible. Hoping to get some eyes and pike and maybe go for a laker. Any tips would be good! I have searched the threads and haven't really found what I'm looking for.

Sorry to say, but all the Temagami reports I've ever seen always end up showing more scenery pics than fish pics for some reason... I wonder why that is? :dunno:

Ya mine will probably be the same! Good thing I like the scenery up there! :Gonefishing:

I have been fishing Temagami at least once or twice a year for about 20 years. I have never fished at the time of year you are heading up. I know lake trout spawn in the fall (September) in shallow bays. The pike can get big but they are few and far between. I've succes trolling relatively close to shore in any one of the 100's of bays in 10 to 20 ft of water. The eyes are a mystery as you move into mid summer, they disappear out of the bays. In early summer I use crawler harnesses with a leech, tougher than worms so the panfish don't chew em up. I could go on here, pm me if you have anymore questions. Temagami is the best place in Ontario I have ever fished.