Today I went to see more of Mt. Seymour

brandon

Well today I wasn't planning on hiking or taking pics or anything because mr. weatherman said 90% chance of rain.....still pretty dry out there so I dunno what his deal is but he needs to maybe take a few more courses? Anyways theres still so much of Mount Seymour that I haven't seen yet so I went and did some more exploring. I did this one trail to Dog Mountain which was about a 3km round trip and at that part of the day it was cloudy as ever up there so there aren't any pics from that trail. By the time I got back to the parking lot the clouds had started to break up a bit so I decided to hike halfway up the main Mt. Seymour trail and take some pics of this stream that I've walked by a ton of times but this time I hiked upstream (off the trail....shh don't tell anybody) and took some pics......to be honest they didn't turn out quite as good as I would've liked so I won't be posting them. I decided to take another stroll off the trail and take a series of pics for a panoramic shot of this big valley.....that pic I will post....

Panorama15resize2.jpg

While walking back to the trail I heard this 'chirp 'chirp coming from these trees. Being as curious as I am, I went in for a closer look and found these little guys......and their parents weren't around (which was good....escaped with no injuries) so I have absolutely no idea what kind of birds they are....your guess is as good as mine.

060resize.jpg

I dunno about you guys but when I see this next pic I think of Jim Carrey scaling a mountain and regurgitating food into a baby eagle's mouth (one of the Ace Ventura Movies)

061resize.jpg

After that I got back on the main trail and headed back to the parking lot. With the parking lot in sight I came across a grouse with a bunch of babies(which are nearly impossible to get a photo of) and had to photograph her.....

080resizewtrmk.jpg

079resizewtrmrk.jpg

076resizewtrmrk.jpg

anyways thanks for reading and hopefully you enjoy this batch of pics....take'r easy