My Northern Ontario Vacation Part 1&2 in the same thread

Mike the Pike

Well Mike, what to say, so much racing through my head...

Firstly, Congrats to Ryan for his very nice, very big first Walleye! Way to go!

Now onto you... what a wonderful vacation... In hindsight, looking back I bet you are smiling even now. Not only did you get to wash out your tackle box, you got rid of everything you probably never use. Educated a great number of Boy Scouts, made a couple of scout leaders very proud of themselves and their recovery skills and probably will be talked about around boy scout camp fires for ages to come. You taught yourself a lesson... being well prepared, calm and quick minded can actually save your life! Well done, you should be very proud of yourself.

The camp grounds look awesome and what a terrific view...

Like always, I enjoy your reports... but your pictures speak volumes!

Can't wait to hook up with you and yours again at Pickeral Park sometime.

Cheers

Jen

Well thanks for all the great comments and support folks .After the mishap I actually went fishing in my brother inlaws 12 foot tinny in Northern Quebec minus my 8hp Yamaha which I am still trying to start.Brought the electric motor and this got us around the lake boy the thought of capsizing went through my mind numerous times the fishing sucked but I did manage to catch a little smally before the cold front; I will post a report soon of my trip up North.I will have to replace my net to me the rubber nets are the best for now I have my old net.My fish finder works but LCD screen is only showing a week image hopefully it will come back with time.I am now shopping around for a new camera I only buy Canon camera's and I don't need anything fancy as the wife has a Canon Rebel EOS XT.I am looking to replace my A530 with a Canon A570 for now I am using my daughters HP photo smart.In all the boat flipping mishap will cost me about $500 but I am just glad to be still breathing.Good to be back online our computer was down for 3 days due to a virus :wallbash: Man I was really missing OFC.

Ryan and I are going out in the morning in the comfort and safety of my much bigger Lund.Hopefully we will have something to report.

Mike the Pike :Gonefishing: