Guelph Lake

banger

I did a search on the lake, and found some info.But I'd like to know some more info.

1) What time does the park open/close?

2) What's the fee, to get into the lake.

3) I've seen some pic's of nice size pike in the lake.I pratice catch & release 99% of the time, but is it a C&R lake like Binbrook.

4) Is there only one way into the lake? and what end of the lake should I go for. I've Google map'd the lake and seen a couple of Rivers coming in.Is one River opening better than the other?

5) Gas motors ok? or should I bring the electric motor.I'm thinking only electric.

6) Is there a hot spot for Pike. It looks like a big Lake, and any hot spots given sure would save time.

Thanks for any info given in advance. I will be going next weekend with another member.We will do a report when we are done.

Thanks.

Shawn.

Thank you for the info silveradosheriff. If you had to pick Guelph Lake to fish, or Bellwood Lake, what Lake would you fish.

I know Bellwood, you can use a gas powered motor.( info I found) My friend and I are kinda thinking of one or the other.I guess the best question to ask is... What Lake is deeper.( cause all the Lakes are low right now)

We will be heading out this coming Sat.

Thanks.

Shawn.

I'd pick Guelph over Belwood anytime. As far as hotspots go, it can be different every time you go. Your best bet is to buy a lake map at the gatehouse. I think they are $10 and show everything the way it was before the lake was formed. Try the road beds and foundations of the farm houses and barns that are marked on the map. You'll need a fishfinder to locate these areas. The creek arms are usually better early in the spring when pike first opens. You might still be able to scrounge up some crappie or perch in these areas right now. If you want pike you should try around the island where they hold the concerts and if you want bass try the island close to hwy #24. Here are a couple of pics from Guelph lake to show what can be caught.

064133.jpg

A 19.75" smallie caught on a jig & grub near the hwy.

082758.jpg

A 35" pike caught on a spider grub & football jig near the beach beside the island.

064131.jpg

A 13.75" crappie caught on a small jig & grub combo up in the creek arm.

Good luck and take lots of pics.

Thank you silveradosheriff It's very nice to have a place to start, on such a big Lake.This is the reason I asked for some help.I practice C&R, and don't even eat fish.But I love good Pike, and Bass fishing.

I will be Pm'ing you for sure.Thanks.

And jediangler,When I did a search on Guelph Lake.Your name popped up.And that nice NP. :Gonefishing: made my eyes open pretty fast.There use to be NP like that in the Berg some time ago:(

I think I love getting nice Pike over good Bass.They can be so much more fun when they hit the 35" to 40" range.I will be getting a map for sure.They always help.I do ok, on a Lake I've never been to with a good depth map.They are GOLD.

I don't have a fishfinder anymore.I only run a 9 & 1/2 foot skiff/duck boat now.I run a 54lbs MG electric.The Batt, lasts all day full out( it's a big ass batt).I also have a 3 & 1/2 HP,1952 Sear row buck for it.But I don't run it much anymore.

It a good little rig for puddle jumping around the Conservation.I like fishing all the conservation.They sometimes,can be better than, some of the Lakes I use to drive hours North to get too.

Ok, Guelph LK it is. :thumbsup_anim: