My vacation ( week 1 )

keram

Finally I have a little bit of time to post. First week we've rented a cottage on Baptiste lake. My daughter's best frind decided to join us for some fun. The weather was cooperating, fish so-so ^_^ , but we've had fun all week :thumbsup_anim: . Girls did some fishing on their own, catching lots of WGSF ( I'm not sure if abreviation is correct :D )

med_gallery_186_32_67955.jpg

med_gallery_186_32_88395.jpg

We did some "serious" :D boating too

med_gallery_186_32_60511.jpg

I did some fishing too. Pike was biting pretty good, nothing big, just perfect to try new recipe

med_gallery_186_32_114444.jpg

I've even landed some serious fish ( 11" on 5" wacky senko :dunno: ) :thumbsup_anim:

med_gallery_186_32_75288.jpg

Ever time we've opened the door to the cottage this little guy was waiting.

This time he wants to grab an apple

med_gallery_186_32_53778.jpg

Then in the middle of the week my friends dropped in to spend some time with us. I've learned from the owner of the cottages that in the entarance to the bay there is good spot for walleyes ( I've noticed ths myself seeing locals every day at sunset ). We have decided to try it in the morning.

Around 6:00 AM I've started jigging. Water was flat, drifting very slowly we were moving across the bay. I did not see any structure on the fishfinder just flat bottom at 30'. After an hour we were almost ready to go to different bay ( loaded with pike), when I've hit a "snag". After couple seconds I've realised that the "snag" is pulling out boat against the current :w00t: . Another few seconds and the fight begin. Next 5 minutes were crazy, the fish was doing everything to shake the hook, but finally I was able to pull it to the side of the boat. Then I've realised that we do not have anything to land this fish, only our bare hands. It was a pike and a BIG one, Of course I did not have a chance to measure it, but to comparing it with my rod, it was at least at the " half way mark" ( of my rod) or better . I was using 7' Compre. My friend tried to grab the tail but on the last efford this magnificient fish showed us the "finger" :devil: and went back to the dephts of the bay. :wallbash: Until next time, no pictures, but memory is still alive