5 Mile lake info needed

Pasquale

Copy of a reply from someone else asking about FML back in June:

------------------------------

Went to FML for two years with some buddies (04 & 05). Dave & Christine are great people.

For 'eyes we trolled a lot of worm harness rigs, jigs w/ twisters, and G7 Rapala's casted and trolled. The pike did well on spoons, and spinners. Our best fishing was done at the back end of the lake...a long boat ride from camp.

We also got into some Smallmouth down near the old boat lauch in the closed Provencial Park....buddy & I each landed (and released) fish close to 5# on top water in the evenings.

I've got a map at home. I'll see if I can scan it in. PM your e-mail addy and I'll see if I can't get some stuff to you.

BTW, not sure where you're coming from, but if you're towing a boat and coming from the Soo, I would suggest HWY 17 to 101 to 129, as opposed to taking 129 North off 17. 129 North is a great drive, but no fun towing a boat. Besides, 17 between Soo & Wawa is one of the prettiest stretches of road I've ever been on.

Best of luck!

dk

------------------------

Oh, also had a bear wonder into camp in '05 have a sniff at my tent before it was sent up. Depending on the kind of trip you're looking. We stayed in a cabin the first year, and camped the second....both were done over Memorial Day (USA) week. We had a great time both times: Caught lots of pike (no real biggies); enough walleye everyday for supper; and got into smallmouth as well. Good people. Clean cabins. Well maintained boats. Lots of water to fish (we probably only fished 20% of it in two years)

All in all was a great couple of trips, and it's probably the place I'd take the wife to for a trip, or when I'm ready to take my son on his first Canadian fishing trip!

Let me know if you want some more info.....

dk

FT,

Can't for the life of me find the map, but when you get there, ask David for a map, and point out spots...here a couple you'll want find:

1. The "W" in the far back of the lake.

2. The shoal in the back of the lake, 1/2 way between the "W" and the mouth of the river

3. The old Park boat ramp (this where we caught all the smallies......on topwater, right against the ramp)

4. If you really want to taget pike, talk to David about some of the backwater lakes and the chance to fish them

Here are some pics from our two trips....

Walleye.jpg

Typical Walleye

PICT0086.jpg

Pike in the top 20% of size

PICT0033.jpg

19" 4# Smallie

PICT0009.jpg

Our visitor as we were setting up....never saw him the rest of the week (that's my tent he's checking out)

Enjoy your trip, and tell David & Christine that Dustin from Indiana says hello. I'd love to see a report (w/ pics) when you get back.....

tight lines,

dk