My quest will continue at Fairbank Provincial Park

Hi all.

My quest to catch as many of Ontario's fish species will continue at Fairbank Provincial Park this weekend. :Gonefishing: Target species are Smallmouth Bass, Walleye and maybe Musky if there are any in there. I'm really hoping to catch my first walleye and get my PB smallie! :whistling:

Has anyone ever fished this lake before, it's about halfway between Sudbury and Elliot Lake, near Espanola?

Has anyone got any tips for bass and walleye fishing at the lake or tips in general? Are there muskies in the lake too?

PM me if you don't want the world to know.

Thanks

We stayed there about 5yrs ago 007.It's a lovely park well off the beaten track.Make sure you have your supplies-no guarantee the store going in will have much availableThere are smallies and lakers apparently.I shore casted off the point at the day use area.Actually waded out to my waist and threw a Pop R around the point area(rocky drop off)and caught a smallie about a pound.That's about it.

Kerry

That's odd Deano because the MNR Guide to Eating Sport Fish states that there are walleye to at least 22inches in there.

Have you fished the lake - if so any tips for the bass fishing there?

Have fished out there before, and heard the locals don't want walleye there because they like lakers and walleye just attracts to many fisherman. There is a wall (mountain) across from the park that goes straight down another 20- 30 feet into the water, lots of bass down there with some bigger one on the bottom. Took a mask and snorkel and swam with the bass one year. Was awesome, the water is so clear.