Crazy Pike

Rizzo

Launched the boat this evening in Kempenfelt Bay to give my 3 year old a little tour around. Saw something swimming through the water...muskrat? beaver? Nope, on closer inspection it was about a 35 inch pike swimming around with its head above water taking in the sights! Watched it do that for a good 30 seconds, and we got within about 15 feet of it before it finally submarined with a big swirl. We had a great time, with him driving the boat quite erratically. After an hour and a half it was time to go, but the launch to get out of the water at dusk was freakin ridiculous! I now know why there have been so many posts about launch etiquette etc.! This was my first (and hopefully last) experience with a busy boat launch. Although it was great to get out with the youngster, that launch at the end of the night was something else. Luckily, I was able to sneak in and out in under a minute when some yahoo plugged up the launch docks with his boat, while his vehicle and trailer were nowhere in sight!