Amazing Day of Fishing

pro190

I went fishing with my son this past weekend on Big Rideau Lake and I think I may have made him a life long fisherman. He's 14 and a big time city kid and as a result has only really fished a few times in his life and never had much luck - never anything bigger than pan fish. This all contributed to a low interest in fishing for him. A month ago we bought our first boat and this has helped to generate a little more interest in fishing. That has changed... I've always heard stories or read magazine articles of finding a magical place on the water where the fish are just lining up to get caught. As luck would have it we found that fishing paradise on the Big Rideau. The fishing Gods were smiling on us that day and we both enjoyed the best bass fishing of our lives. It was topped off by my son catching AND landing a 16" and 18" smallmouth bass at the same time on a white Big "O"!! If I wasn't there to witness it I wouldn't have believed it - 2 at once!! He's been talking about it all week to anyone who would listen. It's what fishing dreams are made of and I think those 2 smallmouth landed him as a life long fisherman. He's started asking me to go fish! Yahooo! Out of curiosity has this happened to others? I'm curious to know how often or rare this happens. As I said he was using a big "O" and eash bass grabbed a separate hook.

Hi Need2Fish,

Love the doubleheader story! I've never encountered it but just wanted to respond that the Big "O" in white is my wifes favourite lure and colour. She has caught many LARGE Smallmouth with it. I going to tell her however that she is not using it right and that she may wish to talk to your son :lol:

Cheers...