Mara or McRea Provincial Park

caper

Heading up next week to one of these parks for a little family camping trip close to home with another couple and their small kids. So in all we'll have four adults and four small kids the oldest being 5. I was wondering which of the two would be best if anyone has any opinions on these two parks. We want to go to either of these because I have a buddy that lives nearby on Lake Simcoe and we want to boat over and say hello one of the days.

I would like to be able to park my boat (17 1/2 foot) on the camp site as I really don't want to leave it at a dock somewhere if possible.

Anyone been to either of these parks with small kids lately? We'll be heading up during the week if that makes any difference.

Easy fishing for the kids to keep them entertained as well..

Thanks

Craig

Edited by caper

Mara is a nice park with a big sandy beach and a good boat launch. There are usually families with children there all the time. It's close to town but far enough away to be nice and quiet. I'm sure you'd be able to park your boat with no problems as I have seen people with boats there but I would make a quick call first just to be sure. Out of the two I know Mara has the better beach for the kids. Hope this helps a bit.

I'd disagree with MCRAE PT. having a good launch. I wanted to launch there for a prefish but found it not suitable(narrow) and dangerous (boulders) on both sides for my 21 foot fiberglass. I paid the 20 to launch @Starlite Marina just up the road.

Edited by ranger520vx