Planning to buy a compact rod on the go.

Anatz

Hi everyone! Can anyone recommend me a rod that is less than 20$ and is able to handle bass on a 5" rod with a 6lb test line..I checked out bass pro and I found this..

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...0003000_100-3-2

I was thinking about getting a telescopic rod but I've heard a lot of negative feedbacks on it...

I'm just a city boy who lives in Toronto and wants to bus and take the ferry to Toronto Island and at the same time, try to conceal my fishing rod as much as possible. :)!

HELP ME =]

Hi, I've got a few telescopics because I only fish on holiday. They go from 6ft spinner to a 12ft for casting in saltwater. I used my spinner in Canada a few weeks ago and it worked great. You can get them in a small rucksack, so it should be what you need. I always take them with me in my luggage, it can mean the difference between fishing and standing on the jetty, watching. They can be so cheap, what can you lose?

I have a f.glass telescopic from the 1970's that my uncle gave me. I still use it as a back up rod set up and it still works,still catches fish. It's a 6' spinning and I have brought in many 30" pike on 8lb mono with it.

BTW, it was not an expensive rod but probably more than some of the cheaper ones I have seen lately.

They are popular in Europe and I gather that the selection in Germany is better than what is offered here. At least that is what a German guy told me.

Hi, I'm living in England, and there is a good selection here.

I've been thinking about it, if you went for a tele, to fish offshore, maybe a light spinner anything up to 8-12 ft might be better, at least you can cast a lure further out if you want to. I like to look at Lebaron's site and you can get Shakespeare rods. They are the best you can get for cheap, my 8 ft must be 10 years old, and still catching.

can you get a telesc. rod for $20?

I think they are much more than that... at least the ones I have seen are.

For $20 I think your best bet is to go to Canadian Tire or WalMart and see. But, I dont think they carry the tele rods. Only 2pc rods.

There is a fishing store at Kipling & 401 (cant remember the name?) and they had one that I think was around $50 and I think it was a Shimano.

If you want something small... just get a cheap 2pc 6footer.

I hear the Ugly Stick rods last forever but, lack in sensativity.

good luck

Try to google shakespeare fishing uk. They have a great selection of telescopic spinners, many of them around 20 bucks. You must be able to get them through a Shakespeare stockist over in Ontario. I like them, they aren't fancy, but they catch fish.