Plans cancelled, no regrets.

Barry Willis

Well we had to cancel our hunting trip in the Rockies due to Grizzly activity. Unfortunate for the bears due to our dry year there were no berries for them to feed on to fatten up which are very important for their winter hibernation, not a berry anywhere. There was a recent report of a male grizzly laying claim to a big bull elk a hunter had shot before the hunter even got to it. I don't know of course if it was on your news channels in Ontario and beyond that about three weeks ago a couple and their dog were killed by by a grizzly not far from here. Fish and Wildlife responded of course as well as RCMP and other detachments (GPS emergency signal). They did shoot a female grizzly in the area that was showing aggressive behavior towards them and they reported that she was very thin.  I have lot's of other places to hunt where there are no bears. To me personally, the grizzly's health and survival is much more important. If I don't succeed in harvesting anything I can go to my local butcher, bears don't have that luxury. They're just doing the best they can with what they have. 

Boss_JLB9629Media-800x533.webp

Edited by Barry Willis
add content
  • Like 2

I've been having trouble putting this together as my computer isn't cooperating. Leaving out whole sentences and won't let me edit. I don't want anyone to get the impression that I am in favor of the bear taking these people and their dogs life regardless of the circumstances. I couldn't be sadder about it. All I can say is they were very sadly in the wrong place at the wrong time.  

• Like 2