Rice Lake Fishing

sunfish

Hey all!

Going up to rice lake once again this weekend. This will be my third attempt to try and catch some bass. However, the past two occasions have been extremely disappointing.

I will normally throw spinners and senko's. Can anyone provide me with some much needed advice?

i.e. colours to throw, depths and general locations.

I will be renting from a place in gores landing. Was thinking of thinking of fishing by the reserve. Any other suggestion?

Thanks!

If your going out of Gores Landing, head straigh across the lake to the Otonabee River, and throw topwaters early in the morning.

Use your Senko's as a follow-up bait if they miss the topwater.

Also, there is a large marina with tons of docks at Gores Landing, get out your flippin stick, and flip the docks in that marina.

I got a NICE limit out of there on a bright/hot/sunny day!

Hope that helps.

Try along the sunken railway line out from the public dock. I've had some good success there with spinnerbaits and around the south part of Tick island with topwater lures on a nice calm morning. Be careful not to cross the railway line except through the marked channel on the other side of the island. If you're looking for largemouth, try the inlet bay just east of there around the point.

Edited by waterboy