Oakville Good News for shore anglers

Snidley

I got a call from a friend this morning telling me that signs are up at Bronte and Oakville Creek saying that fishing, from the piers, IS permitted from Oct 15 until May 15 (mid fall through until the spring). That's fishing from all piers in Oakville from Oct 15 to May 15. All year fishing is permitted on the western pier at Bronte and to the best of his knowledge there have been NO FINES for fishing on the harour side of the western pier. The biggest caveat is that there is a PARKING BAN on overnight parking at Bronte. It's a dusk to dawn parking ban on the free parking there ( free unless you have a boat trailer then it's expensive parking that i assume is also dusk to dawn banned)). I had a buddy last year who went to Bronte 3 times and got a parking ticket every time, lol. I guess he parked at night or they saw his $100K truck and figured he should have to pay.

https://www.toronto.com/news-story/10404298-changes-coming-to-fishing-restrictions-in-oakville-following-complaints-from-local-anglers/

this article mentions specifically that we can fish from both sides of the west pier without issue. which is good because every single salmon I have ever caught in Bronte has been from the opaque harbor side LOL i can't catch anything casting out into the lake LOL

Fishing is good inside the pier to the harbour side. It's the only side you will catch any bass.  It's actually a very  good thing that Oakville is listening to the angling community as Oakville and area  has it's fair share of anglers. I bet Colonel Guy Smith had something to do with this. He's always got his nose into stuff like this and it's pro angling in all it's forms.

• Like 1