WFN and Rogers Personal TV "Adopt an Angler" Contest

RobHall

Rant....

As some of you may know I entered into the WFN/Roger Personal TV "Adopt an Angler" contest.

The Grand Prize is a boat, $2000 shopping spree, etc and the winner is to be chosen by WFN. The secondary prize (valued at $350.00) is awarded to the top 4 online vote getters.

The problem is with the online voting system. Many people have figured out a way to get around the "1 vote per 24 hour period" rule by disabling their accepting of "internet cookies". I realized this when i saw a few entries go from last to top 4 in a matter of a few hours. What the secondary prize comes down to is, who has the most free time to sit in front of the computer and keep voting for themselves about 1500 to 1800 times an hour. I did it myself for an hour or so and of course made no progress. I am currently 4th and will soon drop out of contention for the secondary prize. It's a drag when you consider that i have a few online communities, family & friends, coworkers, etc voting for me daily. If there was a way to disable the voting function when a client is not accepting cookies, then i hope they will do that. If not, then award the 4x secondary prizes to the 4 runners up to the grand prize winner. It's the only fair thing to do.

...end rant.

Cheers,

One more sleep and i'll be :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim::clapping:

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

That sucks!!! Bly and I have been voting for you. Have you brought this to the attention of the contest/website? Maybe they have a way to filter those out...even if cookies are disabled, they should still be able to sort it out using IP and timestamp.

That sucks!!! Bly and I have been voting for you. Have you brought this to the attention of the contest/website? Maybe they have a way to filter those out...even if cookies are disabled, they should still be able to sort it out using IP and timestamp.

Thanks Cliff. I appreciate the votes. I've sent an email explaining the situation, but won't hold my breath on anything being done. We'll see.

FOTB

:Gonefishing: