Perfect Couple Days

bbog

I finally convinced my son to spend a couple days with me at my favourite northern hideaway. The first day we warmed up catching Pike on the main lake and looking for Black Crappie. Today we moved to a nearly inaccessible back lake for the Bass opener.

WHAT A DAY IT WAS!

We had heard that this lake was almost NEVER fished on and we believe it. We were catching so many Largemouth Bass (mostly 15-17" range) that we tried things that shouldn't work - like topwater in the middle of the day - and they were hitting that as well. The largest however came on soft plastics (black tube).

380.jpg

The most unbelievable day I have had fishing and I got to enjoy it with my son - priceless! I can't wait to get back again. :Gonefishing:

Hey "Mike The Pike" unless you have a float plane with short take off and landing it will be very difficult to get in. Mostly private property around and a very diligent land owner that does everything to keep people out. I had permission from the other land owner.

Didn't mention the Moose that we saw as well - cool day! I'll be returning again for sure.