Rideau Campground Suggestion

MrSimon

I'd like to take my kids on a camping/fishing trip next summer and I'm curious about the Rideau area. It does look fairly crowded, but there certainly is a ton of water to explore.

We are taking a motorhome and are looking for a nice campground to stay at. I'd like something where the campsite is at least somewhat private ..... with access to plenty of water to fish.

Mostly we are interested in catching numbers of bass and pike.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. I looked into Murphy's Point. Seems like a nice provincial park. My only concern is I don't see dock space. I'd have to launch the boat everyday, which isn't practical with an RV.

I found a really great looking campground on Opinicon called Skycroft. That's first on my list right now.

Any feedback on that place? Also, how is the fishing on Opinicon, Sand, Indian, and Newboro lakes? Mostly just looking for numbers of bass and pike to keep the kids happy.

I would echo Murphy's point. If you do not want to launch the boat every day, you may be able to rent a slip at Rideau Ferry Harbour. its not necessarily the best option but Big Rideau is huge and you would have a lot of water to play in.

The Newboro area is the only one of the list I can say I have actually fished but you can acess quite a few lakes without locking around there. Opinicon gets pretty good reviews as well.