GPS Waypoint data request

Coach B

I wish I did!

But I do have a question about the GPS mapping software.

I am going to buy a Lowrance LMS-520C fishfinder/GPS combo unit within the next few weeks, and just wondering if the software comes with the unit?

If not, which is the best to get for Ontario Lakes? I do most of my fishing in the Kawartha's.

Also, how do I go about downloading/getting maps of lakes?

Thanks

Never even heard of Petit Lake. You can always look to see if Navionics Hotmaps Premium Canada has the lake listed, but I wouldn't count on it if the lake is tiny. If you can get a fishing map or local lake map, that will more than likey be your best bet to give you an idea of structure. Even topographic map of the area may help you a bit.

For the hydrographic software, I recommend Navionics Gold Great Lakes/Maritimes SD card. If you want inland lakes as well, the Hotmaps Premium Canada is tough to beat.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Guest lundboy
I wish I did!

But I do have a question about the GPS mapping software.

I am going to buy a Lowrance LMS-520C fishfinder/GPS combo unit within the next few weeks, and just wondering if the software comes with the unit?

If not, which is the best to get for Ontario Lakes? I do most of my fishing in the Kawartha's.

Also, how do I go about downloading/getting maps of lakes?

Thanks

There has been lots of info about Navionics chips posted on here recently. here is one here that will answer your question:

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...mp;hl=navionics

You can use the search feature at the top of the OFC screen to find other threads relating to Navionics

Really there isn't a way to "Download" maps of lakes if you mean download them from the internet. You can "download" maps into your unit using the mapping software (sold separately) from Lowrance. This is usually very basic compared to Navionics, and most of the maps are US.

The maps for Lake O, and Kawartha's (Trent Severn Lakes) are contained in the Gold XL9 14XG chips. The Hotmaps premium 2007 covers most others.

http://www.navionics.com/Charts2.asp?Conti...ic=0&Gold=1

GOLD

CODE TITLE DESCRIPTION

14XG GR LAKES & MARITIMES Entire Great Lakes, St Lawrence and the Canadian Maritimes, including Lake of the Woods, Rainy Lake, Lake Champlain, Trent Severn Waterway, Ottawa River, Rideau Waterway and the Finger Lakes.

http://www.navionics.com/PremiumLakeList_07.asp?RegionID=5

Stay away from the platinum maps, they have sat imaging and things that Lowrance does not support (yet).

Edited by lundboy