Dog Lake Missinaibi - advice?

Reel Man

Hey guys! So the wife and I have booked a trip to Dog Lake in Missinaibi. One of the draws was that the camp has a fishing guide available for day trips. Since we are both pretty much amateurs when it comes to fishing it would be awesome to have a guide in the first couple of days to get to know the water, techniques and baits to use. A guide who knows can definitely make a good trip great. Unfortunately they had one of their cottages burn down and with that and a plethora of other things going on, the guide service is not available for our week there.

Does anyone know this lake? Any experiences to share? Tips? Most important is anyone aware of a guide in the area who might be available? We've rented a pontoon boat for the week in the interest of comfort and keeping our two pooches happy. Guaranteed to be a good time, but would love to get into some really great fishing.

Thanks all, and tight lines!

Sounds like your heading to ernies. When are you going? I'm heading up there first thing tomorrow morning unfortunately I'm headed there for work. Ken is a super nice guy and I'm sure he'll send you in the right direction. Last time I was up Ken didn't have a boat available for me. This time I told him he better have a boat for when I'm done work. I used the search button on this foru, and everyone on here says it's a tough lake but you can get on fish. So we'll see.

Yep, that's where I'm heading! Looking forward to it, but was really hoping for the guide to get on fish and teach us enough to stay on them. Please let me know how it goes for you. We are heading up for the last week of August.

Thanks for the reply