lowrance elite 7 questions

huddy

I have an elite 7 fishfinder/chartplotter. I am very happy with the unit and have used it for the past 3 years. Is it possible to upgrade the standard "gold " map card to the same detailed maps that come when you get the phone download app? I have the unit able to mount on my ATV for ice fishing. Is there land or road maps I can get to use it off the water? Thanks for any help. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

I have the Elite 5, which came with the gold chip. I sold the gold chip a few years ago and bought the Kawarthas chip (Platinum I think?) with the more detailed lake contours. That was before the chip upgrades with individual downloadable lakes etc. were available though...

I have an elite 7 fishfinder/chartplotter. I am very happy with the unit and have used it for the past 3 years. Is it possible to upgrade the standard "gold " map card to the same detailed maps that come when you get the phone download app? I have the unit able to mount on my ATV for ice fishing. Is there land or road maps I can get to use it off the water? Thanks for any help. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Pretty sure if you go on the Navionics website for updates/downloads you can update your card to Navionics+ for an added cost. I got the navionics+ card with my Dragonfly this year and it has freshest update for a year like my phone.Definately nice to have the ability to update the fishfinder charts on a regular basis.

Kerry