My first time carp fishing, and I actually caught some

Well, I started the day working and around 2pm I decided I had enough, it was warm and humid and I didnt feel like driving anymore. Al (Jackel) had left on Friday down to Long Sault but I couldnt get a away to join him, I planned on going down on Sunday but finally I Just said to heck with it, Im going fishing. So I called another driver to come in and then I told the boss ( my wife ) she is actually the boss where I work, and off I went.

I headed out around three, I am on the 416 south and the sky is looking really mean. I reached the prescott area and the sky unloaded, heavy heavy rain till the point where I had to join several others on the side of the highway, while there I took a few pics......

This storm actually hit me twice, it cut across so when I was going south I went through it and then when I headed east I went through it again.

Anyway I made it through and arrived at about 4:15. I wasnt there all that long when one of the alarms went off and Al says " its yours ", so I grab the rod and manage to land my first ever carp, nice strong fish.

Apparently the bite had been on all day, they had already caught 34 fish when I arrived, the biggest weighed 33lbs, they said my first one was around 16.

Wasnt long before the next rod went and Al grabbed this one and she was a big fish, 20+ lbs.

Not long after that one Spinner gets one on...

Then there was a bit of a break, lots of fish jumping everywhere but no bites.

Finally about 30 mins go by and the alarm goes off and I have my second carp and this one is bigger, she was running all over the place and headed towards the shore where there is a rock wall covered in zebra mussels so I was doing my best to keep her away from there, luckily after a good fight I got here in.

We all took turns and we were sitting on number 39 for a long time, Spinner had one on two different times but they got off. As soon as he said " looks like were not going to get 40 " my rod goes off and I grab it, this one is my biggest so far and she was running all over the place, twice to the left, right straight out for a long run and to the right towards the rock wall. Finally after about 10 minutes or so ( it felt like 30) I landed my 3rd and biggest, this one was over 20 and I was a happy carper. And also it was number 40.

my_3rd_carp.jpg

Here are a couple of other shots.

carp.jpg

The total fish caught was 41, Spinner finally managed to hook one and get her in.

I was supposed to stay the night there but the wife was having a bad night so I came home and took her out to see a movie, but only if we can head back down there tomorrow after she is done work at noon. She said yes and also said she is going to catch a bigger one than me. And I am sure she will and she deserves to, but I am going to try very hard to beat her.

I hopefully will have an even better report tomorrow with more pics.... till then, see ya.

Don

Edited by Badger Shark

Ok I have no idea why some of the pics did not show up, they were there and now they arent. I went in to edit a couple of words and then submitted the edited post and they were gone except 2. I dont get it so I will try and post them here.

My first carp

my second

my_second_carp.jpg

my 3rd

my_3rd_carp.jpg

Ok I just previewed and a couple work the others dont so I am going to quit now. Not sure what happened.

Oh well hopefully tomorrows report works out better. Sorry! but its driving me crazy

GOODNIGHT!

Wow...to have action like that is a dream to me! Great day out there Badger Shark!! So, now you know...they are not pretty fish, but they put up a great fight. Congrats on your fish ever Carp...another species you can now say you've caught!