shimano chronarch

ld17

Which chronarch?

200/50E or CI4+?

And my short answer for the two is

If you are talking about the 200e for compatibles, I would look at the lew's tournament pro or a Daiwa Tatula if you can get past how wide it is. Even the new Curado I is cheaper than the chronarch E and the curado is better IMO.

CI4+ is hard to beat IMO. Shimano upped their game with the new reels. I now have the new Curado I, Chronarch CI4+ and Metanium. They are all awesome.

Then seriously check out the Curado I!

The tournament pro is a great reel but the curado is even smoother and to me, easier to configure than the lew's. I have not used a Tatula but have been told it is a great reel for the price (both the regular and type r) depending on what you plan to use it for. The curado seems to be better than the Tatula for lighter lures.

And as stated above, I have all three of shimano's new offerings. I sold of a lew's team gold, a Abu Revo S, and dedicated a Pflueger patriarch XT all to the sidelines because the new Shimano's are that good.

If I was considering a reel at $200 it would be the new Curado I. The Chronarch 50/200E's are bullet proof reliable reels but if you want better casting, gear durability and power the Curado is the way to go. Improved spool, and very comfortable to palm. For $299 the Chronarch CI4+ will be lighter, cast lighter baits better and perform a little nicer over time. But that 200 sized Curado is smaller in hand even though the Chronarch is a 150 sized reel. For all around fishing the Curado is the ticket. Guys will still buy the E Series Chronarch's because they are a proven design, they just flat out work, those 50E's cast a mile with 10lb Fluoro or a light braided line.

Hope this helps, get down to a store and feel as many reels as you can.