Lady Evelyn Lake

mattybculp

Hello All,

Well for years my Uncle has been trying to get me out on his annual fishing trip to Lady Ev. He goes in mid-late September and stays at Mitchells camp. So I have done a little research but am unable to find the location of the camp they don't have a website , short of calling I thought I would ask the board if they knows its approximate location, I know its a little hike from mowats landing. Is it close to red pine lodge or garden island? Looking to get into some smallies and search for any brookies in local streams or lakes. If anybody has any helpful info that they would be kind enough to share, feel free to PM me, and of course mums the word. Thanks

Hello All,

Well for years my Uncle has been trying to get me out on his annual fishing trip to Lady Ev. He goes in mid-late September and stays at Mitchells camp. So I have done a little research but am unable to find the location of the camp they don't have a website , short of calling I thought I would ask the board if they knows its approximate location, I know its a little hike from mowats landing. Is it close to red pine lodge or garden island? Looking to get into some smallies and search for any brookies in local streams or lakes. If anybody has any helpful info that they would be kind enough to share, feel free to PM me, and of course mums the word. Thanks

Mitchell's Camp is located on an island in the NE portion of Lady Evelyn Lake, between Ellen Island Camp and Red Pine Wilderness lodge. These coordinates will give you a rough location on Google maps.

47.391355, -80.065136

I've stayed at Mitchell's camp 3 times since 2008. As compared to the other big 4 lodges (I believe Red Pine is not operating again this year) Mitchell's is a more rustic experience; specializing in their "housekeeping" plans. Personally, I love it there. No website, just a phone number. Carolyn is very nice and helpful on the phone. It's a beautiful lake with amazing scenery. We usually target walleye, and it's been amazing some years and slow in other years. Weather seems to play a big factor when you're up there. I'll be going up mid June with my wife. There are others on this board that may be able to add more information.

Edited to show rough GPS coordinates - original map link didn't work correctly.

Edited by SouthPaw

Thank you SouthPaw, that really helps I just wanted to know what area of the lake we would be fishing out of, as its quite a large body of water. My uncle who by no means is a serious angler has been going there for the past 6 years, and has always got his daily limit of eater size walleye for the evening frying pan. I'm happy to go walleye fishing but what I'm really excited about is the apparent under estimated smallmouth fishery there as well as trying to find some back lakes or streams for some brookies. I watched one video on you tube, I believe it was the new fly fisher where they hiked into a small back late and a couple 6-7lbs brookies were landed from shore. As southpaw stated the cabins are rustic, but my uncle states that the owner is very nice and I believe its about $600.00 for a cabin for a week and that sleeps at least 5 guys, so its quite reasonable. Does anyone know of any guides in the area, whom I could pay for a days service locating some of these brookie spots? I Was thinking about contacting Red Pine, Ellen Island, or Garden Island to see if they would have one available even though I'm not staying at that particular lodge, but I'm not sure if that's something they would do. Thanks again guys !

what kind of boat are bringing up with you? horsepower?

the only reason I ask is that mid summer you may find the bigger walleye in the big part of the lake closer to garden island.

the smallmouth are always lots of fun and very plentiful. same with pike.

lots of great looking water out there. I have stayed at red pine 5 times over 5 years. always loved it. fishing was great. a good day was well over a hundred walleye... not too many days with less than 20-30 and always a cow or two.

good luck