Looking for some Suggestions for Ice Fishing Weekender

adempsey

For the past five or so years my friends and I have been going on an annual weekend ice fishing trip. From my experience, finding a cottage near a decent body of water has been a lot more difficult than I would have imagined. We've been to many southern Ontario lakes over the years including Boshkung, Kashagawigamog, Bernard, Lake of Bays and several others. However, we've stayed away from Nipissing and the Temagami area, mostly due to the travel distance since we have limited time.

What I am looking for is a lakefront cottage on a lake where we can walk out onto the ice and fish for Trout (any), Whitefish, Splake and/or Walleye within a 4 hour drive of the GTA. We don't own ATVs or sleds, so we have to hoof it out.

Anyone have any suggestions that might work out for us? (excluding Simcoe, Bay of Quinte, Nipissing/Nosbonsing) A private cottage could likely work for us too. Please PM me!! I'd appreciate it!

Thanks.

edit: I might consider Nipissing/Nosbonsing/Tomiko this year, for some reason I was thinking the drive was longer.

Edited by FishLogic