Fishing Severn Sound

Tdel

My buddy Neil and I went out fishing today in the Severn Sound area and what a beautiful day it was!! Didn't catch a lot of fish but did enjoy the sun and we saw a lot of scenery.

I caught an OOS 4lb smallmouth while fishing for pike using a gold hammered Williams spoon and the smallmouth was released immediately, with no pictures taken. Weight was just a guess.

Also caught a 17.75inch walleye but because of it being in the slot, I released that one immediately also without taking any pictures. The walleye was a nice clean healthy fish and you could feel the strength it had just by holding it.

Neil caught a couple of nice perch and released them mainly because he doesn't like eating fish (can you imagine that???) Besides there was not enough for a meal. Since it was the long weekend, I expected more boats on the water than I saw and that was a pleasant surprise.

I did get a couple photos of a jet contrail and one of those pictures is now being used as my computer wallpaper. Taking a picture from a boat rocking and rolling isn't that easy, for me anyway. The waves always seem to come just when I am about to take a shot.

Tom