Down or sidescan imaging mounting question

buick14

Hey guys. Radioworld has some good prices going on some lowrance or humminbird down and or sidescan units. Anybody shoot thru the hull on a fiberglass bass boat? Humminbird 8series or lowrance elite 7 is what I'm looking into......

Currently I shoot thru hull with my transducers. I'm uncertain with mounting options on my fiberglass....

If you plan on mounting it on your transom do yourself a favor and buy a transducer mounting board. Drill the 2 holes to mount that and for any transducers in the future you have a composite board you're screwing into rather than more holes in your boat.

If you plan on mounting it on your transom do yourself a favor and buy a transducer mounting board. Drill the 2 holes to mount that and for any transducers in the future you have a composite board you're screwing into rather than more holes in your boat.

Excellent advice Miller.

If your considering a Bird, you'll find your answer regarding shoot thru here: http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php?action=forum

bobby

Mark,

Radioworld sells the mounting board. Get one, great investment. As for the units.bi bought the elite 7 this past fall. Best darn unit ive used so far. Better than all my lowrance units. Even better then the touch. Ive got it up front right now as a dedicated DS unit.