Anyone ever heard of this type of boat.

BLACKFISH88

Had a friend in my boat this past week and he thinks the ribs are gone in my 16 ft fibreglass. :wallbash: My motor runs great so and I have a good trailer so I'm not dissappointed in my purchase last year of this boat. Now my friend called me this week and says he has a new boat for me. The thing is is that it is a wooden boat he thinks it's mahogany. :thumbsup_anim: It is called a CLIFFE CRAFT nice looking boat needs a little restoration but my question is will this boat need to swell and will it suit my needs because I don't own a dock and can't afford to rent a dock. I believe he said there was a company on the St Lawrence river that built them. The previous owner said it never had a drop of water in it the guy was gonna burn the thing.LOL. Would it be cheaper for me to fix the ribs in my fibre or restore the other one and have a beautiful mahogany boat. Here is a pic of the boat I now have.

DSC01151.JPG

Edited by BLACKFISH88

With that white couling on the motor, that boat reminds me of my 69 Traveler I bought 8 years ago.

Good boat,but if I may,why not look for something alittle newer, and save the problems .I was so happy when I did.

Looks clean other then I would go newer.

was thinking that but funds and wifey prolly would be angry its actually a 74 cutter the motor on the back is a 76 johnson 135hp would love to find a cheap bass boat that I could just strap up this old motor to. The cliffe craft is free to me if I want it and I just do a lil fishing and want something to pull my kids around on a tube maybe a lil waterskiing.

If the wooden boat "never had water in it" then it won't need to swell. Wooden boats take a lot of maintenance. Also, can the wooden boat take a 135 hp? Free is free. If I had room to store another boat I'd take anyone that was free.