Two more sleeps

rickster

Only two more sleeps for me til opener of walleye. Can't wait to get out on the lake with the family.

Weather doesn't look too great here for the weekend though. 15 celcius and partly cloudy Sat and Sun and a

balmy 5 (yes five) Celcius and rain on Monday. Brrrrrrrrrr

Might even try to chase some lakers on Sunday

I am heading out today. Hopfully I can find some big pike to play with tonight and tomorrow.

BTW, Rickster I am not sure if you have dates confused or just planning on C&R with the lake trout but it is not open until 26th up here in Div 22/21. Hate to see you make a potentially very costly mistake. Div 32 however is open so if thats where you'll be, then I am slightly jellious.

Hey, at least the snow forecast for Atikokan area is down graded to only rain now. Things are looking up.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/pubs/fishing/...ap_E_fr2005.pdf

I don't have a hard copy of the regs with me at the moment but the pdf link I posted says 22/22A is the same as 21 which is not open until 4th saturday in May. If the hard copy is different, then the hard copy is the law in the eyes of the CO.

However it works out. Good luck, be safe, and have fun.

Edited by Wes Bender

I'm heading up to Shining Tree area on Monday. Looked at the weather forecast, and it doesn't look that good. Low of minus 4, high of only 12. Oh, well. At least there is no snow in the forecast, and so hopefully I won't get snowed in like last year. Best of luck to everyone out for the opener up north; may the fish gods smile upon you all!

Apperently I need 1 of 2 things, a new monitor or another eye exam. Sorry man. I had that pdf zoomed to 140% and it still looked like a 21 not 20. But alas, after zooming in more it does in fact say Div 20.

Hope your weekend was productful. Mine was flippin cold. snow accumulation on Sat. Cold front put the walleye off so fishing was slow. Still boated 30 but normally we should have boated 100.

Well we had a pretty good long weekend. The weather was not very nice in fact I never even put the boat in the water. Instead my nephew and I walked in to a set of rapids on one of the rivers up here and we had our eight walleye in twenty minutes. First cast brought me a nice 16" in fact. We walked out to my truck just as my brother in law, my son and other nephew pulled up as they had gone to check a minnow trap they had set the day before. We caught all our fish on plastics. So we all walked back in and the three of them caught their 12 in about a half an hour. Sunday the whole gang of us (12 in total) walked into another set of rapids and after about three hours we left with enough fish for a huge feed that night. Of course I was smart enough to leave the camera on the kitchen table both days but we are heading back this weekend and I will take some pics of the spot and hopefully of some more fish.