Lake Huron

mercforever

doing a job for someone and as partial payment,was offered their cottage on lake huron for the last week of august ,close to kincardine.

never fished the great lakes before,any input would be appreciated.no interest in down rigging......i got a 16ft tracker ,wiiling to drive for pike and bass...

thanks in advance............

There's some bass fishing off Point Clark, which is just south of Kincardine and has a boat launch. There's a massive shoal that goes way out in the lake, and a small river mouth just a little north. I hear guys find the sand/rock edges in 10-20-fow and do well for smallies. To the north, the nuclear plant is were to go. You'll get many species included bass and walleye. There's two launches, one at Bay Du Dore and one in Inverhuron Provincal Park. For pike, I think the fishing lslands about 1.5hours north, near Oliphant, use to be okay for them. The area isn't really know for those species!!!!! However, Ontario Out of Doors did have Bay Du Dore as one of the best smallmouth locations about 20years ago before water levels went down and zebre mussells cleaned up the water.

Who knows, with the salmon fishery going to hell, maybe shoreline fishing, and shoal fishing for bass will pick up?