Sturgeon Bay Waubaushene

Flynfish

Hello Everyone!

Is there anywhere in specific worth dropping a line into Sturgeon Bay in a hunt for anything other than Bass?

I am new to the area, and consider myself a novice fisherman. Not looking for peoples hot spots, just a pointer in the right direction. I have considered dropping a line in and just trolling as I make my way further west but curious if anyone familiar with the area thinks it is worth it.

I seem to have no problems catching bass further north, but looking to expand my picture portfolio of Georgian bay catches :)

Happy Sunday.

Unless you are fishing for toilet paper.. NO. Wife grew up on Sturgeon Bay at the end of Robin's point road... her father tried to fight the sewer plant going in there for years. It use to be a nice clean bay to swim, water ski and fish that I enjoyed very much when I was 19 years old (now 51), but thanks to the phosphorous it's so locked with weeds you can't even troll it.

Work your way out towards the green islands or the sand shoals off Methodist Island. Just watch out for the three rock shoals to get there.