Eagle Lake in South River

Can_38

We've camped at Mikisew PP twice over the last 3 years and still love it there.

We usually did well for smallmouth bass fishing topwaters in the evenings, but there's pike in there too.

The lake is VERY rocky, with your typical weedy and sandy bays. They mark the main channel with buoys, but there is plenty of rocks, points and shoals throughout the lake. There's a great little store at the narrows with very friendly people and a sandy beach for swimming.

Do some exploring and you'll find fish in the usual spots. Especially smallies!

Hopefully others will chime in too.

Have fun and enjoy!

Go slow your first time out there that lake has thousands of un marked shoals many a prop has bin smashed off on that lake I fished it many years ago same as above camped at Mikisew PP(for 20 some odd years) used to be great smallmouth fishing and some jumbo perch aswell

Go slow your first time out there that lake has thousands of un marked shoals many a prop has bin smashed off on that lake I fished it many years ago same as above camped at Mikisew PP(for 20 some odd years) used to be great smallmouth fishing and some jumbo perch aswell

Great new prop is on order, lol. Guess ill keep the old one around as a spare.

Great new prop is on order, lol. Guess ill keep the old one around as a spare.

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest ordering a basic map of the lake to get your bearings. I have one from http://www.adventurefishingmaps.on.ca/psd1.htm and it's rather helpful to get a general idea of the lake. These maps are not intended to be used for navigation, but I usually order one for any new lake I'm visiting - just to get the lay of the land. These maps also include fish species found in the lake and a general idea on where to find them. :canadian: