Happy Canada Day!!!

Bassassins

With Bass stuck pulling double after double at the restaurant, my other fishing buddies hitting the tournament on Sunday and my gang of friends heading to sandbanks for the long weekend. I finally hit up an invitation from Chad McNamara of http://www.ottawafishingguide.com to tackle his home stretch of the Ottawa River. Although I was all alone for the weekend I found the energy to get very excited about this outing. It may be because he posted a 6.1lbs largie last week or because I knew the weather was finally going to cooperate and I would finally get some sun.

We launched to a very sun kissed view... ripping across a calm, partied out stretch of the river.

n53048.png

STOP! NOW this is a random occurrence that we needed to slow down for - we didn't know if he needed a hand but he calmly turned away from us as we approached him in the water. I think we were more affected by the interaction... still astonished when we got off the water!!! Did anyone else know that squirrels will swim across rivers?

30k35nb.png

We got to our first spot and noticed a lot of surface action - I was able to pick up the first smallie of the day and kick the skunk early on the popper - GREAT start and lets keep at it.

2nimekx.jpg

Chad soon after nailed this beauty LMB that got the juices flowing all around and had us very excited for the way the day was starting out.

2zznqqf.png

343q2ig.png

358ufc4.png

m820t4.png

Unfortunately with the weather we had gotten yesterday, and the day before, the water color was called all kinds of warm beverages from tea the dark coffee. Eliminating a bunch of the spots that Chad had success in the weeks before. We were able to hunt down a lot of bass and a few pike but didn't run into the size we were looking for. Blow up after blow up - strike after strike ... I can say the weather was amazing, the company was great and the fish kept us busy.

33kri38.png

2u7yq9d.jpg

With a couple of more solid fish before the day ended I was able to call this a successful Canada Day fishing adventure - happy to get out with Chad for the first time... very knowledgeable fisherman that I look forward to getting on the water with again.

Although we are always hunting for the HOGS! A day like today where you can enjoy the sun and catch some fishing is greatly appreciated - especially after the random weather we have had this spring. Happy Canada Day to everyone ... back to work for me tomorrow.

Tight Lines!

Smooth