Planning 2 Algonquin Trips

Alex416

For the fourth year in a row I'm heading out to Algonquin for some portages. The only lake I've fished was Burnt Island Lake last year (caught some smallies, perch and one single brookie. Also had a musky crash my buzzbait... Destroyed it completely)

For the July trip I plan on going to Tom Thomson Lake and in August - Big Porcupine. I've been to both lakes but never fished them. I remember some sexy spots on the way to these lakes but I havent scoped out the lake themselves.

If anyone here has fished them before, I'm accepting pointers.

Pretty sure I know what Im bringing with me, but any suggestions would be lovely also.

I get skunked 45 mins from home, not trying to get skunked all the way out there. I will drown my sorrows in room temperature brews.

Thanks Brohams

I never knew Burnt Island had Muskies. We caught a few specks in Big Porcupine years back, beautiful colored emerald water, we were on our way into Bonnechere. Since you are going in August it may be a bit more challenging, you will have to get down deep for Lakers. Troll with a 3 way swivel and some good weight.

Be sure to try Coon, Bonnechere, Phipps and McGarvey, all are easy day trips from BP.

I didnt believe it either. I doubted if I really seen it,b ut the way my lure was mangled, I have no choice but to believe. I almost didnt want to tell that story and be "that guy" lol. Burnt Island isnt supposed to have brooks either but... I got one.

I've been reading abour Bonnechere. Seems like the fishing out there is better the BP. I'm going to give it a shot

Edited by Alex416