Crappie fishing Turkey Point Area

jimca11

Hi All. I was asked yesterday where would be a good place to go Crappie fishing around Turkey point on lake Erie and I didn't have an answer. Are the marina's a good place? Is it the right time now that the ice is out? How about the Waterford ponds? Any help would be appreciated. From shore but could put a small boat in.

Everything is still iced, not enough to walk on, not enough to fish around. It will be about a month before you could attempt it, i bet. Spring crappies are nothing like they used to be in TP and are pretty much wiped out in waterford.

TP channels were good a few years back but ever since they did work in my fav channel, I haven't caught any crappie and stopped going. There's lots of channels to explore there but private property limits the shorefishing spots, bring a small boat for sure. If you drive through you'll see some spots on shore but get there early cuz locals are waiting for them, sometimes overnight I think.

I caught lotsa small crappies outta waterford but nothing over 9". My buddy caught a 13", biggest I ever seen from those ponds. Check the quarry out back for crappie, its deep and they move around so gotta get lucky. I wouldn't keep the quarry crappie though.....just sayin

Good luck