TO Islands Report

Got out Sunday with a buddy from work for some pike action.. Had a bit of a delay trying to find a route down there due to the race that was going on but finally made it..

My buddy's never caught a pike before, and I've never caught anything besides one OOS bass there last year.. So my expectations weren't high..

We started working our way around the canals, buddy gets ahead of me and as i come around the corner he's got a little one on.. got it to shore before his xrap popped out.. Damn!.. a few minutes later he's got another one on that spit the lure out.. so now he's lost two, and i havent had as much as a follow yet.. we kept walking and casting, finally he gets another one on.. i got down to the water to land it for him..

gallery_146_53_79936.jpg

worked our way to the opposite side of the channel and he hooks into this guy

gallery_146_53_23936.jpg

then

gallery_146_53_44424.jpg

and his last fish of the day:

gallery_146_53_91987.jpg

I ended up getting a whack of follows on a #5 Mepps, but no takers :( i only hooked into one smallish pike only after taking the leader off my line.. well you can guess what happend.. the bloody fish snapped me off and took my favourite xrap.. then had the nerve to keep cruising by, not taking a look at the spinner that i tossed out imediately afterwards..

my apologies for the image's he wanted the backgrounds semi blocked out..

all and all a good day for him.. the only thing i caught was a mean sunburn.. i guess there's always next weekend..

he caught everything on the xrap, working it painfully slow..

on the plus side i got to break in the Abu 5600 that i picked up this week, and am quite fond of it..

Nice bunch of pike. There is many bigger ones there as well.

Had a similar day follows on spinners one taker on slow worked jerkbait.

Many follows in a short time.

Good luck next time.

ehg