Looking for info - Chippego Lake

fscholtys

Hi, let me start by wishing everyone a happy new year. I am looking at purchasing a cottage on Chippego Lake, but know nothing about this lake. I would like to know whether this is a swamp or a deep lake. If any of you have fished this lake before, your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all and happy fishin'!

Lundlover

I owned a cottage for 9 nine years closeby on Bobs Lake. Had the opportunity to fish Chippego twice with an older gentleman who owned a cottage on the lake. He had cottaged on Chippego all his life and thoroughly enjoyed the times he spent there. Chippego is a spring fed bass and pike lake, with both small and largemouth bass. It's a small to medium sized lake with most of the shoreline severed and developed.

We loved the area. The people from Verona and Harrowsmith we met were great, the towns also have Beer/Liquor outlets, building centres, restaurants and grocery stores. We would golf at Rivendell and also spend time in nearby Westport. Due to it's close proximity to the US made for a lot of Americans cottaging in the area. This made it very busy in the summer but very quiet in the spring and fall. Chippego falls under the new bass season so the season will open on the third Saturday in June in 2013.

Good luck in your cottage search.

I owned a cottage for 9 nine years closeby on Bobs Lake. Had the opportunity to fish Chippego twice with an older gentleman who owned a cottage on the lake. He had cottaged on Chippego all his life and thoroughly enjoyed the times he spent there. Chippego is a spring fed bass and pike lake, with both small and largemouth bass. It's a small to medium sized lake with most of the shoreline severed and developed.

We loved the area. The people from Verona and Harrowsmith we met were great, the towns also have Beer/Liquor outlets, building centres, restaurants and grocery stores. We would golf at Rivendell and also spend time in nearby Westport. Due to it's close proximity to the US made for a lot of Americans cottaging in the area. This made it very busy in the summer but very quiet in the spring and fall. Chippego falls under the new bass season so the season will open on the third Saturday in June in 2013.