Tips for Fishing in Massasauga Park?

Does anyone have insight on fishing in the park? I'll be heading there with some friends in late May, looking for pike and walleye. We'll be staying at my cottage outside of Rosseau. Looking for some info on:

-- Public access boat launches (we'll have a smallish jon boat)

-- Areas to try that won't be too crowded

-- Presentation suggestions

I've been looking online, but haven't found too much info. I'll be calling the park here shortly, but wanted to get some firsthand experience from the great boards here. I'm not sure if there are fees or limits on motorized boats. Any info would be a great help!

Thanks

I've been there a few times and have had some sucess with Pike. There are launches at the marina's at the end of Healy Lake road- not great or cheap, but it's where I want to fish.

For Pike I would find the weed area's, just like anywhere else. My best luck came in Blackstone Harbor

Thanks for the tips.

I've only heard nice things about the area but I've never been. Looking forward to it. I have a prop guard on the boat so hopefully that prevents anything drastic from happening.

Are motorized boats prohibited anywhere in the park? I've read that online a few places. I imagine we'd be sticking to Blackstone Harbour and the areas around the Healy Lake Rd.

Is the Pete's Place marina in Blackstone Harbour?

Norm

Norm; you won't be able to launch at Pete's Place unless you have a campsite in the park. You have to keep driving down the road to the Moon River Marina to launch for day trips. This will put you in Wood's Bay where you might have better luck. There are some islands in the bay with shallow weed beds around them. You will likely get Pike and Perch in these spots.

Here is a mini map of the area.

med_gallery_170_217_89576.jpg