Maitland River - Goderich

JFish

Sorry guys. Not a report. Posted this on another site and just looking for some info. A buddy of mine wants to try the Maitland River tomorrow but with the rain that's forcasted (10-15mm) I'm wondering if it's going to get blown out? Just looking for someone who may have experience fishing the Maitland and would know if the Maitland gets blown out easily or if it's worth a shot. I have some other options and Goderich is about a 2+ hour drive for me but I would really like to fish it.

Any info is much appreciated :)

J

If you would "really like to fish it" then i would suggest go for it and enjoy...the ground has been saturated from the melting snow but im confident the water clarity will still be fishable...i would be more concerned with the levels of water...but i havent been down there in awhile so i cant get you current on that...

Good Luck Regardless

There is NO water in any of the rivers by there, when I was up there Monday.... So I would doubt that 5 to 10mm will cause any of them to be that badly blown.

I am going to fish somewhere up there Monday regardless before the meeting in Goderich to discuss shore fishing access at 4PM 57 west st the higher the numbers the better the chance we will get some places opened back up that Rowland Howe has closed off to us.