Soyers Lake any advice

pezeveng

Doing my yearly cottage trip this year I picked Soyers Lake as its a chain of 5 lakes. Last year we did Big Clear Lake and the fishing was great. We are renting a pontoon boat at the local Marina and wondering if anyone has fished any of these lakes. What fish should I target and which is the best of the 5 lakes. Any info is appreciated as last year this forum was a great help.

Thanks

Lot's of good spots to choose from. I have had luck with Bass in Soyers. There is also supposed to be some nice trout and pickerel in there as well.

What month are you going to be up? You can also access muskie as well in Kashag and Grass lakes.

Try off Inglodsby for Muskie and around Sugar Island for Bass and Pickerel.

Bring your credit card to pay for the gas. There's tons of spots on the chain.

I've spent a week on Kashagawigamog each of the last two years (mid Sept.). I found that I had more luck in Soyers than in the other 3-4 lakes in the chain. Smallmouth were good in numbers but not particularly in size. Water levels drop quick in the fall so you'll need to watch your depths.

There are some good rock outcrops in Soyers on the northwest side and you'll find the smallies are there. Use your sonar as there are some great sharp drop offs. We had good luck on tubes and drop shotting.

Good luck. Please make sure you post your results.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Going up to Kashagawigamog myself in three days. I've picked up the older maps from AnglersAtlas.com and we'll see if there even close. Grass, Kash, Soyers, Head and Canning lakes are all connected so I'm sure I'll have to try them ALL!

I'll post any worth while info for you upon my return at the end of the week!

Just got back from Kashagawigamog! Second week of June.

The eyes were starting to move out into the east end of Kashagawigamog. Found out that most of Grass Lake and Head Lake (In the Village of Haliburton) is a sanctuary untill walleye opener as most of the 5 lake chain walleye population spawns in that area. They then slowly start to move back out into the narrows at the far east end of Kashagawigamog and then into the main lake. Had good fishing in those narrows, and off most of the rock points in the esat end of Kash. Most of the fish were small 8" - 10" with some 14"-16" as well. Slow trolled worm harnesses and grub jigging in the after 6pm seemed to work well. Things seemed to shut down by 10pm.

Tried to stay away from the bass as most were still shallow in the bays. There were some big largies cruzing in the bays, 3-4 pounds.

Spent some time in Soyers Lake aswell. Found a large rock shoal at the mouth of the first bay on the east side of the lake as you come in from Kashagawigamog. It was well marked with three floats and a neon orange arrow marker and extends for about 80m. Went looking for eyes and ended up with a lot of smallies. Im sure it would be productive any time of the year.

Its a big lake chain and in 3 days we only covered about 10%. There is a good tackle store in Minden right off #35 as well as in the village of Haliburton for bait, tackle and possible locations.

Good luck in July!