Rideau River...Carleton University

Anyone ever fish the stretch of rapids between Colonel By Drive and Bronson Ave? Stared at that stretch again on Thursday while I was packing up #2 daughters immense collection (moved her into Res with a 5 foot truck box - toneau cover....out with a 6'-6" and full cap + back seat!).

Looks like a good pickeral spot....very similar to the waters below Birch(sp) Rapids etc....any thoughts?

Edited by irishfield

I fish this strech all the time. Plenty of bass and musky. Most of the bass are on the smaller side but theirs plenty of them, the muskies on the other hand can get to around 20 lbs. Caught one around that size 2 years ago below bronson bridge. They are really hard to catch though as they get pressured pretty heavily. Ive also seen very large carp below the bridge, but ive never really fished for them. Walleye are also abundant in some of the pools as well apparently although I have yet to every catch on yet.

Thanks.....Wasn't even thinkin Muskie in that fast water...that'd be fun. Guess my rods will be going with me in the fall when I move her in on Bell Street. Wife and her can drop me off when they head for the shopping mall for drapes and the likes!