A little warm up before season open tomorrow.

Steelcat

Today I had a little spare time, so I head up to Cook's Bay with my dad for some pre Rice Lake open warm up. Arrived there at around 1145, there were already 20 people lining up along the canal. The fish were on and off, didn't catch any Crappies though, one of the guy beside me caught around 20+ baby size Crappies, too bad he didn't let them go... He's the only one who managed to catch that many Crappie. From time to time we managed to catch some small Sunfish. Right before we called it a day, my dad hooked up a 15 inches Pike. I'd say it's a great way to end the day. Now I am at home get prepare for tomorrow's season open for Rice Lake.

One of the tiny Sunfish we caught today. The poor thing fell off my hand as I tried to turn on my camera.

p4271252ard6.jpg

Here's the 15 inches Pike

p4271253akm7.jpg

if you wnat to get into more of the crappie, head there earlier. i've had the most success before noon. i've probably been there 3-4 times this year, and the largest one was about 11-11.5 inches, hundreds of smaller ones though. At least we know that the crappie are still there.

i'm heading to the bobcaygeon area tomorrow night to try and get into the bigger ones.