Carp bait and rigs

hotsky

I know a spot with decent population of carp, it's not my fish of choice, but I've seen some large ones and would like to hook one of them. I've been there a couple of times and seen them swim around (usually in groups of 3 or so) I've used corn but no luck...spawning perhaps? I've caught carp on corn before but I've read different things on how to use it, some say use small hooks, others say you need a big one. Even read somewhere to put the corn on the line above the hook. So how should it be done?

Also with corn being so easy to use, should I bother with dough-balls? I've heard some crazy 'recipes' too.

Stick with corn....

YouTube hair rig for how to tie up....

And feed them.... Get dry feed corn and boil it till its soft enough to break with your fingers... Then spread 3-5 gallons the night before you plan on fishing.. In the spot you wanna fish.... When you show up in the morning they'll be waiting for you....

Find a clear patch to cast your hook... Put some more corn around it(handful or 2)... And your off to the races....

And BE PATIENT!!!!!!

Sometimes it takes an hour or 2 for a bite.... Feeding the night before helps get fish faster in the morning.... But still can take a while

There was a GREAT basic carp tutorial posted about six months or a year ago( ? )on this board by Hammercarp. Do a search Gray Wolf and I'm sure you'll find it, or Lorne( Hammercarp )will see this post( He sees all and knows all when it comes to carp lol ), and will probably re-post. I'm sure you'll find it helpful.