Good times at Pigeon Lake

Default User

So me and a few highschool buddies made it out to Pigeon Lake this weekend. Some of which, haven't seen each other in a few years. Our first outing together this year.

Mainly putting around for some bass and what not, until something grabbed my spinnerbait and ran like the wind, snapping my line in seconds.

At first I figured that's one he'll of a bass, and tied another spinner on.  Moments later - we see this torpedo chasing my lure as I reel it in, again taking it and running - snapping my line and taking my spinner for a second time.  Now convinced (what we all believe) a Muskie raped both my favorite and my new spinnerbaits.

Excitedly, we all started gearing up for muskies. By the time the six of us were rigged and in the water - BAM! My buddy landed one! I too got my first ever 'skie!

Then all of a sudden - nothing. Nothing but pulling weeds off our lines for 3 hours. However -bragging rights and pride kept everyone determined to see who's going home happy - and who's going to be teased all the way back to Toronto.

And just as we decided it was time to go home - BOOYA! it was tight lines for everyone!

All in all - we lost 2 spinnerbaits, 4 cranks, and a few plastics. 3 of us went home all red and dark. But we all left the lake happy.  We landed a total of 9 muskies and a bunch of smallies and rockies.  But the biggest prize was that 6 high school buddies were able to get together, and had a blast spending the day fishing and talking about absolutely nothing important other than when we can do this again.

So me and a few highschool buddies made it out to Pigeon Lake this weekend. Some of which, haven't seen each other in a few years. Our first outing together this year.

Mainly putting around for some bass and what not, until something grabbed my spinnerbait and ran like the wind, snapping my line in seconds.

At first I figured that's one he'll of a bass, and tied another spinner on. Moments later - we see this torpedo chasing my lure as I reel it in, again taking it and running - snapping my line and taking my spinner for a second time. Now convinced (what we all believe) a Muskie raped both my favorite and my new spinnerbaits.

Excitedly, we all started gearing up for muskies. By the time the six of us were rigged and in the water - BAM! My buddy landed one! I too got my first ever 'skie!

Then all of a sudden - nothing. Nothing but pulling weeds off our lines for 3 hours. However -bragging rights and pride kept everyone determined to see who's going home happy - and who's going to be teased all the way back to Toronto.

And just as we decided it was time to go home - BOOYA! it was tight lines for everyone!

All in all - we lost 2 spinnerbaits, 4 cranks, and a few plastics. 3 of us went home all red and dark. But we all left the lake happy. We landed a total of 9 muskies and a bunch of smallies and rockies. But the biggest prize was that 6 high school buddies were able to get together, and had a blast spending the day fishing and talking about absolutely nothing important other than when we can do this again.

Glad you had a great day!!!!!,good friends,good times,that's really what it's all about!!!!!!!!!!