Pulling a tube

fisher

I bought a small tube to pull my kids around the lake for some fun - they are young, so not too heavy (coombined 100 pounds) and I wouldn't be going fast either.

My question is, can I tow the tube using the two metal handles that are formed into the top of the corners of the transom or do you think that could cause damage to the boat?

I have a 1992 16 foot starcraft that is solid, and does not leak or have any issues, so I wouldn't want to create any.

Thanks!

My question is, can I tow the tube using the two metal handles that are formed into the top of the corners of the transom or do you think that could cause damage to the boat?

We did that for years and never had an issue. Run a clip on roap from each side to act like the 1960's rear ski bar would then clip the tube to that roap and have fun.

We did that for years and never had an issue. Run a clip on roap from each side to act like the 1960's rear ski bar would then clip the tube to that roap and have fun.

Thanks for the reply.

I did buy a supplementary rope that forms like a "V" so that the tube is essentially connected to both handles via this extra rope (so it should divide the stress equally to both sides of the boat).

Edited by fisher

Thanks for the reply.

I did buy a supplementary rope that forms like a "V" so that the tube is essentially connected to both handles via this extra rope (so it should divide the stress equally to both sides of the boat).

That's what I was talking about, now go have some fun :thumbsup_anim: