Camping with on site water access?

hotsky

Why not try 6 mile lake provincial park . Its near north .. you can get there in 2 hours .

There are sites right on the water , and its a very nice park .

I've camped there 3 or 4 times years back , when our ever so brilliant government changed to that stupid 1-800 number to reserve camp sites . I couldn't get a spot at the parks i wanted to go to , because our nieghbours south of the border would reserve sites at 5 or 6 diferent campgrounds 6 months in advance , and then decide which one they were going to camp at when they got here . The cancellation fee was only like 10 bucks , so they didn,t care .

Nothing better than not being able to make a reservation , and having to try your luck at getting one of the first come first serve sites .. and theres none left . Only to find theres 20 - 30 empty sites , which are reserved .. but no show ... urrrggg .

OK .. I'm better now .

Anywho , I passed 6 mile PP every time but never looked at it . When we finally did camp there , it was actually quite nice . We did some canoeing , but never actually fished in there .

And we did see a duck go under water , and never did see it come back up again .

Lochness monster ? Somethin' big in there . Definitly worth trying .

All that nice air up there .. you might need a respirator for when you go back home .

X2

I went there once with my boys and lucked out on one of their waterfront sites. The tent is 6 feet from the edge of the water and the boat is right there tied up. Great weekend.