Are there any Toronto lakes/ponds you can boat in?

rhymobot

Just dawned on me. I can't think of a single small lake or pond you can boat on within the borders of the city. Not Centennial Park, Not Milliken Park, Not Grenadier Pond at High Park.

There are rivers and Lake O but is there really not a single pond where boating is allowed?

I've never known the reason you can't boat at High Park on Grenadier like you can at Central Park in NY.

What about G Ross Lord Park and Eglinton Flats?

Nothing exactly meeting your description. Toronto Harbour, and Frenchman's Bay in Pickering, are close. How big a boat are we talking about here? Do you mean rental rowboats?

Ya Kayak, canoe, row boat, blow up boat, pedal. Don't personally wanna fish the city by boat though! It was just a curious thought that popped in to my head.

There's some good fishing from shore and from wading in some spots in the city though. Have caught quite a few fish in the marinas and in the Rouge, Humber and Etobicoke Creek myself.

Thought the city could make some money renting out boats in High Park.

Edited by yush_gta

Don't go to G ross, its a garbage pit. the humber and rouge marshes you can boat in but as you said they are rivers. I don't think that there are any now that you've mentioned it.

haha ya i stopped by there once on the way to something else. just to have a look. it was pretty gross but i've heard there's good carp fishing there but not an ideal place to sit and enjoy the scenery for a couple hours.

haha ya i stopped by there once on the way to something else. just to have a look. it was pretty gross but i've heard there's good carp fishing there but not an ideal place to sit and enjoy the scenery for a couple hours.

Sometimes it's supposed to have good fishing others horrible fishing, besides if you wanted to catch carp chances are you wouldn't use a boat.

Heart lake up in Brampton is decent. You have to pay to get in though

Ya it's not bad. I live 2 minutes away from there. Still a good 25 minutes outside of Toronto's borders though.

It's surrounded by fencing most the way around except some spots so I just used to ride my bike in there and fish from shore. And the fence that separated the conservation area from my school Lagerquist Elementary always had a hole cut in it big enough for people to get through. Every time they patched it up someone simply cut it open again. Then they resorted to putting up signs that say it's monitored by surveillance cameras.

Thing about that place is that you not only pay to get in but you have to pay to fish as well so it ends up costing like $11. But that covers the fishing licence for the day if you don't have one. But not sure how many people actually tell the gate person you're going to fish and actually pay it. Never known anyone who's done that and never seen anyone go down to the lake and ask the people fishing if they have the receipt for the fishing fee. Even when you rent a boat and have fishing gear in your hands they don't ask for the receipt.