Toronto Island

radar

Took my 7 and 4 year old to Centreville on Toronto Island. Saw a guy with a good bend in a rod fighting a fish and my 7 year old asked to go watch. Guy was bringing in about 4 pound carp. He sees my kid and hands him the rod and tells him to fight the fish. Was only for a bit of the fight but my kid loved it. The guy then wanted the rod back and declined my offer to net it.

Quick thanks and off we went with a huge smile on both our faces.

Glen Haffy is very good for a family outing , my daughter caught her first trout on a family picnic. Even better is the Forks of the Credit Provincial Park in Belfountain. Great for kids! In the fall it's probably at its best in southern Ontario close to the GTA for fall colours. I know, I 'm in Tourism and do the Ontario magazine.

Check out the MNR on Urban fishing there are tons of spots. I have a link, but not at home, if you want it.

Many years ago there was an amazing place up from you are at Hwy 47 (it may have been renamed) west of 48. I remember it might have been in a York County forest area, amazing speckle trout fishing and actually saw people horseback riding in the forest. I hope it's still there and not a basement.

Lots of great places to keep our kids out of trouble. If you need more let me know.

I'm hoping to get my grandson out for his first fishing experience next summer.