Lake Mattagami

Fish4Eyes

I am looking into a trip first week in July and wanted to know how people's experiences were at Lake Mattagami? Was thinking of staying at Minakwa Lodge. I primarily fish for pickerel and sometimes pike. Is this a numbers lake for the pickerel? I am looking to camp and must have hyro on my camp site. I will also be bringing my own boat. I am open to other suggestions and am willing to drive further, so long as the fishing is good. You can PM me if you like. Thanks in advance.

Tell ya what I am heading up there tomorrow for a week. Staying at another location (Twin J) but I will give everyone a report when I get back. Never fished Mattagami, never been to an outfitters, and never have gone this long without a hand picked feed of Walters!

I'll let ya know when I get back, if I remember to take pics!

I have fished the lake but it's been a few years. Was there usually on opening week, fishing was usually consistent. Lots of walleye and some nice size pike. Stayed at Minakwa, try the rock island right out front of the camp. Also head south to where the river dumps in, they should be there. Was never there in July but it was always a nice trip. Good Luck