CVOR Registration NF

F7Firecat

I am expanding my business fleet to run a 14 foot tandem enclosed trailer with my 2500 HD in and out of Toronto and the 400 series highways.

I know I will be over 4500 kg, do i have to get a CVOR number registered for my business or is annual safety for truck and trailer and a logged walk around sufficient.

Thanks,

Bryan

I am expanding my business fleet to run a 14 foot tandem enclosed trailer with my 2500 HD in and out of Toronto and the 400 series highways.

I know I will be over 4500 kg, do i have to get a CVOR number registered for my business or is annual safety for truck and trailer and a logged walk around sufficient.

Thanks,

Bryan

You answered all your own questions Bryan , except the daily inspection walk around is a must no matter how you registered but you still fall under all the other rules that come with owning a commercial vehicle , 4500 kg 's and under means you don't have to do the daily trip log book and no CVOR is needed , any thing over 4500kg's you need to have all of the above . This is how i was give their law to me by them , any vehicle i have here registered at 4500kg's is not listed on my ministry of transportation carrier fleet list , every vehicle that i have 4600 kg's and over is . Hope this coen sides with your pm's .