AC units

Dan668

Ours died over the weekend. 27 years old. We had a 2 ton, well be looking for the same size.

Anyone have a place they'd recommend ? I'm in Mississauga. Also, is the jump in cost from 13 to 15-16 seer worth it?

Is the furnace also 27 years old? If so, I would change it now to reduce the risk of an heat exchanger crack shutting me down mid-winter. It's really hard to be a tough negotiator when it's -20C out and your gas furnace was just tagged out.

It is usually hard to get a firm price from a supplier for one as they sell them directly to the contracor.

I bought one for a buddy of mine, and it was I think $900 for a 1 ton, mid efficiency. He had to get the installation done by an HVAC guy. Saved some cash this way.

A place that may sell them to you in the GTA would be: Ridler Heating and Cooling Supply.

They sell Ducane.

My house is all-electric; no natural gas in the area, so I have a heat pump. When I replaced it I went with a Lennox XP21 heat pump (19 SEER) and Lennox CBX32MV air handler. When I researched the various makes, I found lots of complaints about Lennox. But as you drill into them, you'll find the complaints come from Builder's Grade low-end installations, and Lennox's higher-grade stuff works well. Not too surprising. I found the same thing for each manufacturer's lower-end stuff.

The new heat pumps and air conditioning units use R-410A refrigerant. It's less efficient than your old refrigerant so you're going to be surprised when you see how much physically bigger the new A/C unit is.

I don't want to grab it from a supplier. A friend of mine just brought one up from the states. Too much hassle. Just asking for suggestions on which brand and seer of unit, and if anyone knows a fair but good hvac guy.

Yes I believe the furnace is just as old lol.